Home

Gallery

About Us

Contact Us

Links

Opening Day / Founder's Day - THANK YOU ALL!

Gold Hill's Founder's Day and Primitive Souls Opening Day was a great success!  Thank you to my friends, family, patrons & fellow merchants for all your support.....I could not have done it without you!  

Now that the formal opening is done.....regular hours for the store are Thursday through Saturday 10 - 6, Sunday (seasonally) 1 - 5   You are welcome to call & ask before you come by....704-737-9889     As always, I look forward to seeing you!  



                                                   

                     HEY GRANDPA....WHAT'S FOR SUPPER???

Remember that line from Hee Haw in the 70's???  Well with that in mind, I thought I'd start posting some simple recipes, and hopefully some of you will be able to use them !

The weather guy says that it's going to be a little cooler than what's typical for this time of year....so I decided to take advantage of that and actually cook something!  For those of you that don't know me personally, I'll just tell you, I'm NOT a cook!  I can get by, but I'm not a great cook.  But today I put some bone-in chicken breasts in the crock pot with some Cumin, Paprika, Sea Salt & fresh ground Pepper, a little Garlic & some Taco seasonings....I also added a jar of Salsa that I had in the pantry.  Let it cook pretty  much all day on low, then this evening it will just fall off the bone, I'll add some chopped tomato, onion, bell peppers, sour cream & cheddar cheese, wrap it all in a soft flour tortilla.....and maybe serve it with some rice mixed with a little cilantro.  It'll be warm, tasty and hit the spot for my husband & son who LOVE Mexican food!